Sunday, November 14, 2010

Travel Details

Who: Group of friends.


When: Winter 2013 after graduation, as these are the cooler months. It is also the time when well-known festivals in India are celebrated.


Why: I chose India as my number one travel destination for a variety of reasons. I am an avid traveller who enjoys experiencing culture shock. I have travelled to a number of countries in Asia before, but I don't think any of them will compare to India. I am also fiercely interested in the various religions in India, and the rich history behind them. I enjoy active vacations where I am always on the move, and I know that India will satisfy my craving for adventure. The geography of India appeals to me as well, as it has jungles, beaches, mountains and deserts. I expect that India will live up to my hopes of it, because it is an intoxicating cultural cocktail for the traveller.

Duration: 15 days

Budget: $4000 each

Flight Cost & Information: Direct flights from Toronto to Delhi do not exist- Must either catch connecting flight in the US or in Europe. I would prefer to connect in Europe as it divides up my flying time and will lessen my chances of experiencing any jetlag or exhaustion upon arrival. I also want to find the quickest and most inexpensive flight possible. Therefore, my best bet will be to connect in London Heathrow Airport. Roundtrip flights from Toronto-London-Delhi average around $1700 (according to expedia.ca)



Accommodation: Comfort hotels as Indian standards are much lower than what Canadians are used to
  • Expect air conditioned rooms, complete with en suite bathrooms, television, phone services, cafe/bar and internet, 24 hr electricity and hot water are also a necessity
  • Sleeper train (1 night)
Photo of the Four Seasons Hotel, Mumbai

Transportation:  Mini bus, overnight train, auto rickshaws, cycle rickshaws, small river boat, local flight, walking

Currency: 
Currency used is Indian Rupees (INR)
1 CAD= 44.2665 INR




No comments:

Post a Comment